All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Chase Evans collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of Chase Evans who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. PRIVACY NOTICE
3.1 Who are we?
Chase Evans is an Estate Agent offering both Residential Sales and Lettings services, as well as management services for landlords.
Our Data Protection Officer and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
• (+44 20 3869 2190)
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
• Contacting you in relation to assisting with your specified brief of finding a property for sale or let.
• Undertaking the necessary verifications in relation to referencing checks.
• The inclusion of any detail specific to the necessity of completing and binding contracts or agreements (tenancy agreement, terms of business, holding/ payment receipts completion documentation)
• Arranging access for maintenance, inspections or viewings of the property
• Making contact in relation to the renewal or termination of the tenancy
• Making contact in relation to payments associated with scheduled rentals or invoices
Our legal basis for processing this personal data will be in relation to:
• Our compliance to retain for a fixed period of time specific records or documentation as required to satisfy set obligations put in place by law.
• The review of any tenancy agreements
• Any possible legal action which may need to be implemented
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
• Utilities providers, block management/freeholders, collections agencies
• Contractors (maintenance, surveyors, inventory clerks, referencing, etc.)
• Solicitors acting on behalf of the landlord or agent, insurers of the landlord
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
• Name, D.O.B, Title (Mr/Mrs Etc)
• Validity documents (proof of ID, Visa, Right to rent)
• Contact details (telephone/mobile number, email address, property address)
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Chase Evans to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time.
Chase Evans will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties that will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities are:
Credit referencing agencies, authorized maintenance companies and landlords, utility companies, deposit schemes\ombudsman.
3.4 Retention period
Chase Evans will process personal data for the period of your tenancy, or until you request that we stop, and will store the personal data for 6 years in the event of you entering into a tenancy or other legal agreement as specified by legislation.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Chase Evans refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Chase Evans (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Chase Evans’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Supervisory authority contact details (Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Information Commissioners Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Email: email@example.com : Telephone: 0303 123 1113
10 & 12 Walworth Road
London, SE1 6EE
firstname.lastname@example.org : Telephone: 0203 869 2190
4. ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Chase Evans, will collect and use your personal data.
Why does Chase Evans need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data to enable us to process your application and fulfil our obligations to you by maintaining the property appropriately In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing and subscription purposes Chase Evans would contact you for additional consent.
Will Chase Evans share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Chase Evans in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Chase Evans’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Chase Evans use the personal data it collects about me?
Chase Evans will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Chase Evans is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Chase Evans contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Chase Evans at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Chase Evans does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Organisation Name or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to another country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Chase Evans accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.
Cookies are small pieces of data which are sent by a website to your web browser or hard drive and subsequently sent back to the website enabling the website to identify you and to tailor the content and presentation of the website to your preferences. Cookies may be ‘sessional’ or ‘persistent’; ‘session’ cookies will expire at the end of your browser session, ‘persistent’ cookies will remain on your browser until deleted by you or until a set expiry date.
COOKIES WE USE
Cookie name: SESSIONID
Expiry: Browser session only
Purpose: This is used to assign a unique code to each user of our website so that if necessary we can recognise each of our users and know when you are actively using the website. It enables us to temporarily store information so that it can be accessed by other pages of our website if necessary to help our website function correctly.
Chase Evans Residential Ltd is committed to providing efficient and effective services to our clients and a duty of care to our tenants. Our aim is to provide services of high quality on a basis that is fair to all. However, in any organisation, occasionally things can go wrong. When this happens we need to know if you are not happy with the service you have received in order to try to put things right and ensure that this doesn’t happen in the future. We take all complaints seriously and see all complaints as an opportunity to improve our services.
WHAT IS A COMPLAINT?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about standards of service, actions, or lack of action by the Agent or its employees affecting a customer or a group of customers. If you think the Agent has:
• done something badly or in the wrong way
• done something we should not have done
• failed to do something we should have done
• treated you unfairly or discourteously
• discriminated against you
• acted in a way that is contrary to our policies or procedures then you are entitled to let us know in the form of a complaint using this leaflet as a guide.
WHAT IS NOT A COMPLAINT?
Most of the contacts we have with you are enquiries or comments. This Complaints procedure does not therefore cover:
• Requests for services
• Requests for information
• appeals against Agents decisions which have been made in line with the Agents policies and processes
• investigating matters of employee discipline
• Complaints to the Agents insurers e.g. where the complainant seeks payment of compensation for personal injury or loss of or damage to a property.
HOW CAN I MAKE A COMPLAINT?
You can make your informal complaint in the following ways:
• By calling our Property Management team on 020 3869 2191
• In writing to Chase Evans – Head Office, Strata Tower, 10 & 12 Walworth Road, London, SE1 6EE
• By e-mail to email@example.com
Initially within the first instance complaints should be made to the member of staff involved or his / her Branch Department Manager.
To make sure your complaint is dealt with promptly, please try to include as many details as possible including dates, times, the nature of the complaint.
When making the complaint, please ensure you keep details of who you made the complaint to, again including dates and times if possible.
Initially complaints should be made to the member of staff involved or his / her Branch Department Manager. If your concerns are not resolved at this stage you should write to:
Customer Services Manager at;
Chase Evans – Head Office
10 & 12 Walworth Road
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt and an investigation undertaken. A formal written outcome of the investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days. If you remain dissatisfied, you should write to:
The Directors at;
Chase Evans – Head Office
10 & 12 Walworth Road
Once again your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt and the formal written outcome of the investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days. Please include all the information from your original complaint including any reference numbers, dates and names. The Director will carry out a further investigation and will give a written outcome containing Chase Evans’ final view on the matter and will also confirm that you are entitled, if dissatisfied, to refer the matter to The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPOS) within twelve months for a review.
THE PROPERTY REDRESS SCHEME
If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome from the Director you may contact The Property Ombudsman Scheme and request that an independent investigation be carried out. The Property Ombudsman Scheme is a government approved independent redress scheme.
Please bear in mind that the TPOS will only review complaints that have completed the Chase Evans’ complaints procedure and will only review complaints made by consumers. For unresolved business to business complaints there are provisions for matters to be referred to mediation or arbitration as appropriate.
The address for The Property Ombudsman Scheme is:
The Property Ombudsman
43-55 Milford Street
Telephone: 01722 333306
We are committed to providing a quality customer service and duty of care. Your complaint will be investigated and dealt with as quickly as possible. We aim to respond to all informal complaints within 3 working days and all formal complaints within 15 working days. The Agent reserves the right to extend the response time-scale when considered appropriate by the Director or Agent’s Solicitor. The Agent also retains discretion to vary the complaints procedure when considered appropriate. We will treat all the information you give us in confidence. We will keep you informed and do everything we can to help you and will explain our decision to you. Your rights to the Agent services will not be affected in any way if a complaint is made.
Our e-mails and/or any files transmitted with them are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entities that they are addressed to. If you have received an email in error please notify your systems manager. Our messages contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy the e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received our e-mails in error and please delete our e-mails from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents is strictly prohibited.